This church, seven and a half miles west, was organized by John Blair in 1746. Five successive church buildings have been erected. The first pastor was John Brown. Samuel Brown, second pastor, had as wife Mary Moore, captured in youth by Indians and known as "The Captive of Abb's Valley." The synod of Virginia was organized here, 1788.
Geographic Location: Augusta County
Physical Description of Location: 6456 Lee Jackson Highway (Route 11), Raphine, VA 24472. Located on Lee Jackson Hwy (Hwy 11), 0.25 miles northeast of the intersection of Lee Jackson Hwy (Hwy 11) and Raphine Road (Rt. 606). Marker is on the right when traveling northeast on Lee Jackson Hwy (Hwy 11).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth