New Kent Road Marker, W-17
This was the main road to Williamsburg in early days. Cornwallis, retiring eastward, used this road in June, 1781. The Confederates, retreating westward, passed over it in May, 1862.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1937
Geographic Location: New Kent County
Physical Description of Location: 5012-5098 E Williamsburg Rd (Routes 33 and 60), Sandston, VA 23150. Marker is on right when traveling east, just past intersection with White Oak Road.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth