Here at Atoka (Rector's Crossroads), on June 10, 1863, Company "A," 43rd Battalion of Partisan Rangers, known as "Mosby's Rangers," was formally organized. James William Foster was elected captain; Thomas Turner, first lieutenant; W. L. Hunter, second lieutenant; and G. H. Whitescarver, third lieutenant. Shortly after, Brawner's company of Prince William cavalry joined the command.
Geographic Location: Fauquier County
Physical Description of Location: Marshall, VA 20115. Located on John Mosby Hwy (Hwy 50), 0.25 miles east of the intersection of John Mosby Hwy (Hwy 50) and Co. Road 713. Marker is on the right when traveling east on John Mosby Hwy (Hwy 50).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth