This Church, founded 1772, is one of the oldest Methodist Churches in Virginia. The first building was erected, 1775, at South and Effingham Streets. The Church was moved to Glasgow Street near Court in 1792. It established the first Sunday School in Portsmouth in 1818. Monumental was moved to this site, Dinwiddie Street, in 1831.
Geographic Location: Portsmouth
Physical Description of Location: 427-498 Dinwiddie Street, Portsmouth, VA 23704. Marker is in front of church.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth