This building formerly stood at Eighth and Church streets. It now stands one block north. It was built by John Miller about 1791. Thomas Wiatt bought the house, long known as the "Mansion House." Samuel Claytor purchased it in 1825. For many years doctors' offices were here. For ninety years the house was owned by the Page family. The Lynchburg Historical Society moved and restored it.
Geographic Location: Lynchburg
Physical Description of Location: Lynchburg, VA 24503. Located on Richmond Avenue, less than 1/5 of a mile east of the intersection of Richmond Avenue and Columbia Avenue. Marker is on the left when traveling east on Richmond Avenue.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth