Six miles north on James River. The place was patented about 1618 by Samuel Maycock, slain in the massacre of 1622. In 1774, David Meade became the owner. There Cornwallis crossed the river, May 24, 1781. Anthony Wayne crossed there, August 30, 1781.
Geographic Location: Prince George County
Physical Description of Location: East corner of intersection between James River Drive (Virginia 10) and Flowerdew Hundred Road, Disputanta, VA 23842.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth