Near here stood Mason's Chapel, one of the earliest Methodist churches in southern Virginia. The first Virginia conference, May, 1785, was held here or nearby; Bishop Asbury presided. The conference of 1801 was held here. The present Olive Branch church is four miles west.
Geographic Location: Brunswick County
Physical Description of Location: Powellton, VA 23887. Located on Christanna Hwy (Rt. 46), less than 1/5 of a mile south of the intersection of Christanna Hwy (Rt. 46) and Co. Road 626. Marker is on the right when traveling south on Christanna Hwy (Rt. 46).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth