The first Martin's Hundred Parish church was probably built at Wolstenholme Town, an early 17th-century settlement that was located a mile southeast of here. None of the structures excavated there have been identified as a church; it may have been in a portion of the town that has been lost to erosion. A second parish church was built about 1630. Martin's Hundred Parish was incorporated into Yorkhampton Parish in York County in 1712, and the Martin's Hundred Church may have been abanodned then. The cemetery there probably continued in use for some time afterward.
Geographic Location: James City County
Physical Description of Location: Williamsburg, VA 23185. Located on Pocahontas Trail (Hwy 60), 3.25 miles northwest of the junction of Pocahontas Trail (Hwy 60) and Warwick Blvd (Rt. 238). Marker is on the right when traveling northwest on Pocahontas Trail (Hwy 60).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth