Two miles north is Marmion, probably built by John Fitzhugh early in the eighteenth century and later named for Scott's poem. About 1785 it passed from Philip Fitzhugh to George Washington Lewis, Washington's favorite nephew, who died there. The place has come down in the Lewis family in direct line from him. The richly decorated interior is one of the best in Virginia.
Geographic Location: King George County
Physical Description of Location: King George, VA 22485. Located on Kings Hwy (Rt. 3), 1 mile west of the junction of Kings Hwy (Rt. 3) and Dahlgren Road (Rt. 206). Marker is on the right when traveling west on Kings Hwy (Rt. 3).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth