Referred to by William Byrd in 1732 as the New Brick Church, Mangohick Church was built circa 1730 as a chapel of ease for those who lived in remote areas of St. Margaret's Parish. Distinguished by its fine Flemish bond brickwork, Mangohick became the Upper Church of St. David's when that parish was formed in 1774. It became a free church for use by any denomination following disestablishment of the Church of England in Virginia. It now serves the Mangohick Baptist congregation.
Geographic Location: King William County
Physical Description of Location: Aylett, VA 23009. Located on King William Road (Rt. 30), less than 1/5 of a mile east of the junction of King William Road (Rt. 30) and State Route 604. Marker is on the left when traveling east on King William Road (Rt. 30).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth