Lucy Selina Furnace Marker, L-5
This furnace was built in 1827 by Ironmasters John Jordan and John Irvine and was named for their wives. During the Civil War, iron produced here was used in the manufacture of Confederate Munitions.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1962
Geographic Location: Alleghany County
Physical Description of Location: Clifton Forge, VA 24422. Located on Longdale Furnace Road, less than 1/5 of a mile west of the intersection of Longdale Furnace Road and Collerstown Road. Marker is on the right when traveling west on Longdale Furnace Road.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth