Built 1717, this was the second lower chapel of Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County. It occupies the site of the first lower chapel of this parish, built before 1661 as the church of Piankatank Parish. Bartholomew Yates was the first minister of the present church. After 1792 the church was unused, except by the Methodists or Baptists. In 1857 Robert Healy bought the church from the parish and gave it to the Methodists, who have worshipped here ever since.
Geographic Location: Middlesex County
Physical Description of Location: Route 3 East at intersection of State Route 649, Hartfield, VA 23071.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth