Located in the heart of the Virginia Piedmont, this rural county was named for Princess Louisa, a daughter of George II. It was formed from Hanover County in 1742; the county seat is Louisa. Among the county's historic resources is the Green Springs Historic District including Boswell's Tavern, which was used on one occasion during the Revolution as headquarters of the Marquis de Lafayette. Other landmarks include the monumental Louisa County courthouse and the old jail.
Geographic Location: Orange County
Physical Description of Location: Martinsburg Avenue (US 15), Gordonsville, VA 22942. Marker is on right when traveling north on US 15, about .1 miles past intersection with Kloeckner Road.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth