Located in the heart of the Virginia Piedmont, this rural county was named for Louisa, a daughter of George II. It was formed from Hanover County in 1742; the county seat is Louisa. Among the county's historic resources is the Green Springs Historic District including Boswell's Tavern, which was used on one occasion during the Revolution as headquarters of the Marquis de Lafayette. Other landmarks include the monumental Louisa County courthouse and the old jail.
Geographic Location: Fluvanna County
Physical Description of Location: Located on James Madison Hwy (Hwy 15), less than 1/5 of a mile south of the intersection of James Madison Hwy (Hwy 15) and 3 Notch Road (Hwy 250). Marker is on the right when traveling south on James Madison Hwy (Hwy 15).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth