Located in the heart of the Virginia Piedmont, this rural county was named for Louisa, a daughter of George II. It was formed from Hanover County in 1742; the county seat is Louisa. Among the county's historic resources is the Green Springs Historic District including Boswell's Tavern, which was used on one occasion during the Revolution as headquarters of the Marquis de Lafayette. Other landmarks include the monumental Louisa County courthouse and the old jail.
Geographic Location: Louisa County
Physical Description of Location: Montpelier, VA 23192. Located on Mountain Road (Hwy 33), 0.75 miles northwest of the junction of Mountain Road (Hwy 33) and State Route 664. Marker is on the right when traveling northwest on Mountain Road (Hwy 33).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth