Louisa County Marker, Z-151

Located in the heart of the Virginia Piedmont, this rural county was named for Louisa, a daughter of George II. It was formed from Hanover County in 1742; the county seat is Louisa. During the Revolutionary War, the Marquis de Lafayette and colonial soldiers in June 1781 traveled through the county to out maneuver British troops. Among the county's historic resources are the Green Springs Historic District, Boswell's Tavern, and Cuckoo. Other landmarks include the monumental Louisa County courthouse and the old jail.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 2005
Region: Blue Ridge and Central Piedmont Region
Geographic Location: Louisa County
Physical Description of Location: Gordonsville, VA 22942. Located on Louisa Road (Rt. 22), less than 1/5 of a mile west of the junction of Louisa Road (Rt. 22) and State Route 616. Marker is on the right when traveling west on Louisa Road (Rt. 22).
GPS Location: 38.063602,-78.254692
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth