This church is a combination of several structures built on the site of the first Pohick Church (1730-1774), making this one of the earliest sites of a religious institution in Fairfax County. Lewis Chapel, named after a Methodist Circuit rider, was built in 1857 and moved from a site nearby in 1952. Cranford Memorial, the main portion of the complex, was constructed in 1900.
Geographic Location: Fairfax County
Physical Description of Location: Lorton, VA 22079. Located on Gunston Road (Rt. 242), less than 1/5 of a mile north of the intersection of Gunston Road (Rt. 242) and Old Colchester Road. Marker is on the right when traveling north on Gunston Road (Rt. 242).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth