containertop

Leeton Forest Marker, G-2

Half a mile east is the site of Leeton Forest, latter-day home of Charles Lee, Attorney General in Washington's and Adams' cabinets, 1795-1801. The tract was patented by Thomas Lee, of Stratford, in 1718 and descended to his son, Richard Henry Lee, Revolutionary leader. The latter's daughter Anne married Charles Lee, who obtained title to the property in 1803, and who died here in June, 1815.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1934
Region: Fredericksburg-Culpeper-Warrenton and Upper Piedmont Region
Geographic Location: Fauquier County
Physical Description of Location: 8097 Co. Road 802 Warrenton, VA 20186. Located on Co. Road 802, less than 1/5 of a mile northeast of the intersection of Co. Road 802 and Leighton Forest Road. Marker is on the right when traveling northeast on Co. Road 802.
GPS Location: 38.7029707180,-77.8062112470
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth
containerbottom