This 508-acre park was donated to the Commonwealth in 1978 by Daniel K. Ludwig and was opened on June 17, 1989. The park, whose name means "Lee's Woods," is the ancestral home of the famous Lee family of Virginia. The land, which was patented in 1658, was the home of Henry Lee II and Henry "Light Horse Harry" Lee III, father of General Robert E. Lee. Nearby Freestone Point was the site of a Confederate artillery emplacement which successfully blockaded the Potomac River during the Civil War.
Geographic Location: Prince William County
Physical Description of Location: Southwest corner of intersection between Neabsco Road and Daniel K Ludwig Drive, Woodbridge, VA 22191.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth