"Light Horse Harry" Lee, Revolutionary War officer, owned this land in 1784. The house was built in 1785 by Philip Fendall, a Lee relative. Renovated in 1850 in the Greek Revival style, the house remained in the Lee family until 1903. John L. Lewis, labor leader and president of the United Mine Workers of America and the Congress of Industrial Organizations, was the last resident owner, from 1937 to 1969.
Geographic Location: Alexandria
Physical Description of Location: 614 Oranoco Street Alexandria, VA 22314. Located on Oronoco Street, 3 blocks east of the intersection of Oronoco Street and Route 1 on the right.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth