Warning: assert(): Assertion failed in /home4/markerh/public_html/wp-load.php on line 1
Langley Fork T-33 | Marker History

Langley Fork Marker, T-33

Two 18th-century roads intersect just west of here: Sugarlands Rolling Road (now Georgetown Pike) and Little Falls Road (now Chain Bridge Road). Several historic structures stand near the fork: Langley Toll House (ca. 1820); Langley Ordinary (ca. 1850); Mackall House (ca. 1858); Gunnell's Chapel (ca. 1879); Langley Friends Meeting House (ca. 1893), and Hickory Hill (ca. 1870), at times the home of Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson, then-Senator John F. Kennedy, and his brother Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy. Thomas Lee, of Stratford Hall, acquired Langley in a 1719 land grant and named it for a family estate in England.

Marker Information:
Additional Information: Marker reported missing April 2011. Construction in area.
Year On Marker: 1996
Region: Northern Virginia Region
Geographic Location: Fairfax County
Physical Description of Location: McLean, VA 22101. Located on Georgetown Puke (Rt. 193), 0.25 miles northwest of the intersection of Georgetown Puke (Rt. 193) and Dolley Madison Blvd (Rt. 123). Marker is on the right when traveling northwest on Georgetown Puke (Rt. 193).
GPS Location: 38.945812,-77.154724
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth