A mile and a half southwest stood Laneville, built by Richard Corbin, receiver general (treasurer) about 1760 on the site of an earlier house. There Patrick Henry sent, May 1775, to obtain money in payment for the colony's powder seized by Lord Dunmore. Laneville was one of the largest and finest houses in Virginia.
Geographic Location: King and Queen County
Physical Description of Location: Mattaponi, VA 23110. Located on The Trail (Rt. 14), 1 mile south of the junction of The Trail (Rt. 14) and State Route 603. Marker is on the right when traveling south on The Trail (Rt. 14).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth