This Camp Ground was established in 1810 as a place for religious services for the Methodists of Lee County on lands given by Elkanah Wynn. In June 1827, Rev. Abraham Still, Daniel Dickenson, George Morris, Evans Peery, Henry Thompson, Elkanah Wynn and James Woodward were appointed trustees; the present auditorium was built in 1827-28. The massive oak columns were hewn by Henry Woodward, David Orr, Robert Wynn and Rev. Joseph Haskew.
Geographic Location: Lee County
Physical Description of Location: Jonesville, VA 24263. Located on Daniel Boone Trail (Hwy 421), 1 mile west of the junction of Daniel Boone Trail (Hwy 421) and State Road T-662. Marker is on the right when traveling west on Daniel Boone Trail (Hwy 421).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth