Jackson’s Headquarters Marker, Q-4-f
This house was used by Maj. Gen. Thomas J. Jackson, then commanding the Valley District, Department of Northern Virginia, as his official headquarters from November, 1861, to March, 1862, when he left Winchester to begin his famous Valley Campaign.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1963
Geographic Location: Winchester
Physical Description of Location: 427-499 N Braddock Street (US 11), Winchester, VA 22601. Marker is on right when traveling south on US 11.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth