Founded in 1855, the Hospital of St. Vincent dePaul was Norfolk’s first civilian hospital. Located two blocks south at the corner of Church and Wood strees, the hospital was opened in the home of Ann Plume Behan Herron by eight Daughters of Charity during a yellow fever epidemic. It was incorporated March 3, 1856, and later named DePaul Hopital when moved to its present site at Kinglsey Lane and Granby Street.
Geographic Location: Norfolk
Physical Description of Location: 688-698 Church St, Norfolk, VA 23501.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth