On this point, in James River nine miles northeast, the settlers kept their hogs in 1608. When abandoning Jamestown in June, 1610, they stopped at the island for a night. The next morning, proceeding down the river, they met a messenger from Governor Lord Delaware, who had just arrived, and returned to Jamestown.
Geographic Location: Surry County
Physical Description of Location: Northeast corner of intersection between Colonial Trail E (Virginia 10) and Bacon Castles Trail (State Route 617), Surry, VA 23883.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth