Founded in 1727 as a trading center for the Northern Neck. Hunter's iron works here were an objective in the Virginia campaign of 1781. The Army of the Potomac camped here from November, 1862 to June, 1863 and moved hence to Chancellorsville and Gettysburg.
Geographic Location: Stafford County
Physical Description of Location: 123 W Cambridge Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22405.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth