This place became the county seat when Carroll County was formed. The first court was held here, 1842; A. W. C. Nowlin was the first judge. The courthouse, built in 1872, was remodeled some years ago. The town was incorporated in 1900 and rechartered in 1940.
Geographic Location: Carroll County
Physical Description of Location: Hillsville, VA 24343. Located on US-52, 0.25 miles north of the intersection of US-52 and East Stuart Drive (Hwy 221). Marker is on the right when traveling north on US-52.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth