Four and a half miles north stands Hat Creek Presbyterian Church, founded by John Irvin and associates (first settlers) about 1742. William Irvin, son of John, and the noted blind preacher, James Waddel, were among its pastors. The first log building was replaced in 1788, and two other churches have been since built on the original site.
Geographic Location: Campbell County
Physical Description of Location: 5100 Co. Road 605 Brookneal, VA 24528. Located on Wickliffe Road (Rt. 40), 0.6 miles west of the intersection of Wickliffe Road (Rt. 40) and Co. Road 600. Marker is on the right when traveling west on Wickliffe Road (Rt. 40).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth