containertop

Halfway House Marker, S-10

This old inn was the headquarters of Major-General B. F. Butler's Union Army of the James during the Battle of Drewery's Bluff, May 16, 1864. The inn was so named because of its location about midway between Richmond and Petersburg. Error: Note that the first sentence on the marker is incorrect, and should read: This old inn was the headquarters of Major-General B. F. Butler's Union Army of the James during the Battle of Drewry's Bluff, May 16, 1864.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1951
Region: Richmond Region
Geographic Location: Chesterfield County
Physical Description of Location: Richmond, VA 23237. Located on Jefferson Davis Hwy (Hwy 1), 0.75 miles north of the intersection of Jefferson Davis Hwy (Hwy 1) and Route 288. Marker is on the right when traveling north on Jefferson Davis Hwy (Hwy 1).
GPS Location: 37.3854699580,-77.4245208450
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth
containerbottom