Grundy Marker, XB-25

This place became the county seat when Buchanan County was formed, in 1858, and was probably named for Felix Grundy of Tennessee, statesman. In October, 1864, the Union General Burbridge passed through Grundy on his raid to Saltville. The town was incorporated in 1876.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1941
Region: Southwest Region
Geographic Location: Buchanan County
Physical Description of Location: Grundy, VA 24614. Located on Lynchburg Hwy (Hwy 460), less than 1/5 of a mile south of the intersection of Lynchburg Hwy (Hwy 460) and Edgewater Drive (Rt. 83). Marker is on the left when traveling south on Lynchburg Hwy (Hwy 460).
GPS Location: 37.278436,-82.099084
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth