Greenfield Marker, FR-7
Half a mile north is Greenfield, built in 1771 by Isaac Read. Read was a member of the House of Burgesses, 1769-1771, and of the Virginia conventions of 1774 and 1775. He served as an officer in the Revolutionary War, dying of wounds in 1777.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1935
Geographic Location: Charlotte County
Physical Description of Location: Charlotte Court House, VA 23923. Located on George Washinton Hwy, 0.8 miles east of the intersection of George Washinton Hwy and Co Road 709. Marker is on the right when traveling east on George Washinton Hwy.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth