Green Spring Presbyterian Church was organized by 1784 and met in a log structure that stood east of here. The present church location has been in use since about 1794 when James Montgomery deeded the property to the congregation as long as its minister adhered "to the West Minster confession of faith" and the Catechism was taught here. The original log church was replaced by a frame structure in 1884. A fire destroyed this building on 9 Oct. 1921. The first services were held in the current brick building in 1925. The church cemetery dates to the early 19th century.
Geographic Location: Washington County
Physical Description of Location: Northeast corner of intersection between Green Springs Church Road (County Road 670) and Green Springs Road (Virginia 75), in front of church, Abingdon, VA 24211.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth