Upon this site, on June 9, 1864, Captain Edward Graham, commanding two guns of the Petersburg Artillery, repulsed the attack of Kautz's cavalry, 1300 men. And by this gallant defense the city was saved. Later the Union forces were driven to retreat by the supporting cavalry of General James Dearing.
Geographic Location: Petersburg
Physical Description of Location: 310-398 Graham Rd, Petersburg, VA 23803. Marker is on right when traveling east on Graham Road, about 100 feet past intersection with Clinton Street.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth