The third home of Grace Church, a brick Gothic Revival-style building, stood on this site from 1859 to 1960. The congregation was founded in 1841 by Dr. Churchhill Jones Gibson, rector until 1892. In 1928 a majority of the members, led by the rector, Dr. Edwin Royall Carter, left to form Christ Episcopal Church at 1545 South Sycamore Street. The two congregations reunited in 1953 at the Sycamore Street site as Christ and Grace Episcopal Church.
Geographic Location: Petersburg
Physical Description of Location: 425-599 High Street, Petersburg, VA 23803. Near intersection with Cross Street.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth