A short distance west is the site of the "Chapel above Goose Creek", built by the vestry of Truro Parish in 1736. Augustine Washington, father of George Washington, was a member of the vestry at the time. This was the first church on the soil of Loudoun County, erected as a chapel of ease for the benefit of early settlers.
Geographic Location: Loudoun County
Physical Description of Location: Leesburg, VA 20176. Located on James Monroe Hwy (Hwy 15), 1 mile south of the junction of James Monroe Hwy (Hwy 15) and State Route 655. Marker is on the right when traveling south on James Monroe Hwy (Hwy 15).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth