This area, locally known as Dandy, was part of the land granted to John Chew July 6, 1636, and was sold by his heirs to James Goodwin, a member of the House of Burgesses from Jamestown, August 27, 1668. The area was strategically important both to British General Charles Cornwallis and to Confederate General John B. Magruder, who erected earth redoubts at the heads of several creeks on Goodwin Neck.
Geographic Location: York County
Physical Description of Location: 3404-3406 Goodwin Neck Road (Virginia 173), Yorktown, VA 23692.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth