Glade Hollow Fort Marker, X-8
A short distance south stood Glade Hollow Fort, garrisoned by twenty-one men in 1774. From Witten's to Blackmore's these Clinch Valley forts were the frontier defenses in Dunmore's War, 1774.
Marker Information:Additional Information: Marker reported missing, no Commonwealth or Federal replacement funding available. Will only be replaced if a private sponsor funds replacement.
Geographic Location: Russell County
Physical Description of Location: Marker location is an estimate at the time marker was approved by DHR. Actual location will be updated when marker is cast and erected.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth