George Washington Carver Regional High School was founded in 1948 to serve the educational needs of black students in Culpeper, Madison, Orange, and Rappahannock counties. Secondary schools for blacks in those counties were either nonexistent or inadequate for collegiate preparation. The regional high school was established as an economical solution to these problems. In 1968 the school was renamed the Piedmont Technical Education Center.
Geographic Location: Culpeper County
Physical Description of Location: Rapidan, VA 22733. Located on James Madison Hwy (Hwy 15), 0.6 miles northeast of the intersection of James Madison Hwy (Hwy 15) and Carver School Lane. Marker is on the right when traveling northeast on James Madison Hwy (Hwy 15).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth