General Lee’s Headquarters Marker, QA-7
Three blocks north and a half a block west is the Beasley House where General Robert E. Lee had his second headquarters in 1864 during the siege of Petersburg. He moved thence to Edge Hill to be in closer touch with his right wing.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1931
Geographic Location: Petersburg
Physical Description of Location: Northwest corner of intersection between W Washington Street and Lafayette Street, Petersburg, VA 23803. Marker is on right, just past Second Presbyterian Church, when traveling west on W Washington Street.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth