Warning: assert(): Assertion failed in /home4/markerh/public_html/wp-load.php on line 1
Fredericksburg E-46A | Marker History

Fredericksburg Marker, E-46A

Captain John Smith was here in 1608; Lederer, the explorer, in 1670. In May 1671 John Buckner and Thomas Royster patented the Lease Land Grant. The town was established in 1727 and lots were laid out. It was named for Frederick, Prince of Wales, father of George III. The court for Spotsylvania County was moved here in 1732 and the town was enlarged in 1759 and 1769. Fredericksburg was incorporated as a town in 1781, as a city in 1879, and declared a city of the first class in 1941.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1948
Region: Fredericksburg-Culpeper-Warrenton and Upper Piedmont Region
Geographic Location: Fredericksburg
Physical Description of Location: Fredericksburg, VA 22401. Located on Jefferson Davis Hwy (Hwy 1), 0.5 miles south of the intersection of Jefferson Davis Hwy (Hwy 1) and Blue and Gray Pkwy (Rt. 3). Marker is on the left when traveling south on Jefferson Davis Hwy (Hwy 1).
GPS Location: 38.2884090840,-77.4863061630
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth