Daniel Harrison settled about 1745 at the headwaters of Cook's Creek where it is believed he built the stone portion of the present house. During the decades 1750-1770, when this area was the frontier of the colony, the house served the settlers as a refuge from Indian attacks. Subsequent owners added the brick portion and enlarged the windows and doors. The Harrison family had large land holdings in present Augusta and Rockingham counties.
Geographic Location: Rockingham County
Physical Description of Location: 430 Main Street, Dayton, VA 22821.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth