Fort Blackwater Marker, A-93
Near here stood a stockade erected by Capt. Nathaniel Terry and garrisoned by men under his command. Washington made "Terry's Fort" a link in his chain of forts and inspected it in the fall of 1756.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1961
Geographic Location: Franklin County
Physical Description of Location: Virgil H. Goode Highway (Route 220), Rocky Mt, VA 24151. Marker is in wayside on right when traveling south, .25 miles south of intersection of Virgil H. Goode Highway and Bonbrook Mill Road (State Route 635).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth