Fork Church was first housed in a 1722 frame building near the present church site. It was known as "The Chapel in the Forks" and derived its name from the nearby confluence of the North and South Anna rivers and the Little and Newfound rivers. The present building was erected between 1736 and 1740.
Geographic Location: Hanover County
Physical Description of Location: Beaverdam, VA 23015. Located on Old Ridge Road (Rt. 738), 0.5 miles south of the junction of Old Ridge Road (Rt. 738) and New Market Mill Road. Marker is on the left when traveling south on Old Ridge Road (Rt. 738).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth