Folly Castle Marker, QA-1
This house was the town home of Peter Jones, who built it in 1763. It was called "Folly Castle" because it was a large house for a childless man, but Jones later had offspring. Major Erasmus Gill, Revolutionary soldier, also lived here.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1931
Geographic Location: Petersburg
Physical Description of Location: 323 W Washington Street, Petersburg, VA 23803. Marker is at top on intersection with Perry Street.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth