Fluvanna County Marker, Z-24
Formed in 1777 from Albemarle. Named (in Latin) Anne's River, the early name of the Upper James given in honor of Queen Anne. Point of Fork was an important supply depot in 1781.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1928
Geographic Location: Louisa County
Physical Description of Location: Green Spring, VA 22974. Located on Richmond Road (Hwy 250), less than 1/5 of a mile west of the intersection of Richmond Road (Hwy 250) and James Madison Hwy (Hwy 15). Marker is on the left when traveling west on Richmond Road (Hwy 250).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth