Fluvanna County Marker, Z-146
Formed in 1777 from Albemarle. Named (in Latin) Anne's River, the early name of the Upper James given in honor of Queen Anne. Point of Fork was an important supply depot in 1781.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1946
Geographic Location: Fluvanna County
Physical Description of Location: Palmyra, VA 22947. Located on Richmond Road (Hwy 250), 1 mile east of the junction of Richmond Road (Hwy 250) and County Road 618. Marker is on the right when traveling east on Richmond Road (Hwy 250).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth