Here stood the Colonial Suffolk Church, a large, cross-shaped, brick building, erected in 1753 as the second parish church of Upper Parish, Nansemond County, and the first house of worship in the town of Suffolk. It survived the burning of Suffolk by the British in 1779 but fell to ruin and was torn down by 1802.
Geographic Location: Suffolk
Physical Description of Location: Northwest corner of intersection of Western Avenue and Church Street, Suffolk, VA 23434.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth