This is the church site and cemetery of the oldest continuous German Reformed congregation in Virginia. Founded before 1748 by Elder William Wenner, the congregation met in members' houses until the first log meetinghouse was constructed sometime before the American Revolution. About 1819 a brick church was built here; it was demolished in 1901 and its bricks were used to construct the congregation's new church, the St. James United Church of Christ, in Lovettsville.
Geographic Location: Loudoun County
Physical Description of Location: Lovettsville, VA 20180. Located on Lovettesville Road (Rt. 672), less than 1/5 of a mile east of the junction of Lovettesville Road (Rt. 672) and Milltown Road (Rt. 673). Marker is on the left when traveling east on Lovettesville Road (Rt. 672).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth