First County Seat Marker, U-25
Here at Old Town, in 1794, was built the first courthouse of Grayson County. The land was donated by Flower Swift. A second courthouse was built in 1838. The county seat was removed to Independence about 1850.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: Year Not Visible
Geographic Location: Grayson County
Physical Description of Location: Galax, VA 24333. Located on Greenville Road, 1 mile west of the junction of Greenville Road and Grayson Pkwy (Hwy 58). Marker is on the left when traveling west on Greenville Road.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth